Social Media and SEO together can cause very positive ripples in terms of creating brand awareness and content proliferation. The idea to use them in tandem should however not be restricted to increasing visibility. Promoting content via social links can really be an ingenious way to keep within the White Hat and Penguin markers and yet have a superb impact.
Facebook updates, Tweets and often newer ideas like Pinterest can also help in evolving social shares in the right away. At any stage, it cannot be ignored that Social Media networks have come to garner a key stake in public minds.
• Let us assume the role of links that work within tweets. To justify their credentials you just need to take a look at blogs vs tweets. Blogs may contain hundreds of words; in doing so they create a mass value for themselves. Now naturally, with the content volume they have, they are likely to take some time to reach masses. A social link within a tweet on the other hand uses very few words and travels very fast. In the blogging vs microblogging debate, the card is drawn richly in favor of the latter.
• Hundreds of thousands of social shares containing links cannot be ignored outright by the master search engine. At an average rate (leave alone a highly increased rate), the contents travel extremely fast within the reader community and hence for the popular searches Google’s robot have to favor the social shares. They can still seek a high ground for the niche searches but over a generic plane the volume is too high not to be taken seriously.
• While trends suggest that the symptom is still in its first stage for logged out users or those who are not personalized but in a short time they will also come very heavily into the picture.
• If search engines believe in their ability to contrive the opinions of target audience then they usually put off the nofollow and keep the social shares in high priority for that particular search. SEO also gives more than a passing glance to blogging and feeds related to a specific social sharing.
• Google also noses ahead with links that are nailed within feeds or that pass the PageRank test. Traffic that is pressed through within a specific duration of time may also be a factor of evaluation for SEO trackers.
• Bloggers and some link-driven journalists may look to top content value by creating easy social sharing channels for them but they have to be pretty careful about not creating top value optimization with inorganic content. At the end of the day, the content made to move through social media + SEO needs to be reader centric.
The stake is getting higher and more versatile by the day. Social sharing can be harvested best through SEO tracking. The idea is to consider the Facebook updates or Tweets not with an eye only towards link building but also as a precursor to brand awareness.